* Mobile phone and pager services may be suspended on October 1.
* The Forbidden City closes from midnight on September 29 to midnight on October 1.
* The streets around Tian’anmen Square are closed to all vehicular and pedestrian traffic from noon on September 30 until midnight on October 1.
* From 11:30 am on September 30 until midnight October 1 midnight, restrictions will apply to Chang’an Avenue and streets parallel to it, extending to the old Beijing Railway Station in the south and Chaoyang Street in the north.
* Most state-owned companies and government services will be closed on National Day, and many will remain closed until October 4.